Detoxifying Turmeric and Ginger Tea
- 1 ½ cups brewed green tea
- 1 Tablespoon peeled & grated turmeric root
- 1 Tablespoon peeled & grated ginger root
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 drops of orange essential oil (optional)
- Raw honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Brew tea and place in a large, wide-mouthed glass jar or blender container.
- Add turmeric, ginger, cayenne, coconut oil, lemon juice, and essential oil. Blend on low or shake jar well.
- For a sweeter tea, add a touch of raw honey or maple syrup.
- Strain tea through sieve and serve warm. Enjoy the detoxifying benefits!
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using raw honey):
Calories: 227.8 |
Total Fat: 14 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 25.1 g |
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g |
Protein: 0.2 g
Cayenne pepper contains an active compound called capsaicin that gives it both its hot taste and its medicinal properties.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Green tea and black tea are both made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant and are rich in protective antioxidants called polyphenols. Green tea is processed to prevent oxidation which is why it’s much lighter in color than black tea.
Lemon juice contains enzymes that accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Maple syrup contains a number of minerals including manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It also contains amino acids, antioxidants, and even some anti-inflammatory compounds.
Organic Orange Essential Oil is made from organic orange peel and can be beneficial for those suffering from stomach issues such as excess gas and constipation.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants.
Turmeric has tremendous health benefits including helping with cardiovascular health and digestion. It’s also known to improve cognitive function along with detoxifying the liver.