Empowering you Organically – Season 10 – Episode 84
Title: How To Do Detox Effectively
Hosts: Jonathan Hunsaker, TeriAnn Trevenen
Description: Your body is designed to remove toxins and waste on its own. But do you know how to support it? Tune in this week to learn how! We all have a Natural Detox Response. When we activate this response in our bodies, we increase our ability to protect your immune system naturally, and clear out the everyday toxins that find their way into your food, the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the surfaces you touch.
Natural Detox Response
When we activate this response in our bodies we:
- Increase our ability to protect your immune system naturally
- clear out the everyday toxins that find their way into your food, the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the surfaces you touch
Your body is designed to remove toxins and waste on its own.
And while your organs are there to keep you alive, each and every one of them plays its own role in keeping you healthy.
There are 4 organs more than any others that work together to create your personal detox machine working inside of you right now…
Your Liver acts like a filter in blocking out toxic substances in foods and drinks from passing into your bloodstream…
Your Kidneys are working around the clock to then filter that blood and flush out those toxins when you use the bathroom.
Your Colon puts in overtime taking care of the larger toxins and breaking them down with healthy bacteria before they can do you any harm…
And Your Lungs play their part in filtering out the toxins that enter your body from breathing.
As you can see, the human body was designed as a fully equipped detox machine.
How To Support Your ‘Detox Machine’
You must take steps to support your body’s Natural Detox Response System and I’m about to show you how right now…
Once you begin to support your body’s natural detox abilities, you’ll notice that your body’s “normal state” tends to shift toward health instead of inching toward illness.
So what is it that your body needs to trigger your Natural Detox Response?
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #1 – Matcha
Matcha tea is the “it” health beverage of the moment, but this amazing superfood is more than just a “fad” trend.
The history of matcha for health goes back to the Tang Dynasty in China, which ruled between the 7th – 10th centuries. Over time, the matcha tea made its way to Japan, where it began to be incorporated into special tea ceremonies.
And today, countless scientific studies show us just how powerful this little nutrient is.
First, it boosts chlorophyll levels. Chlorophyll can help improve liver function, which also boosts your body’s ability to flush out toxins. So, it’s no surprise that it’s been shown to help with the excretion of heavy metals, dioxins, and other persistent chemicals,
And the second part of the magic of matcha is big energy without the crash.
Unlike the caffeine that comes from coffee beans, the caffeine in Matcha is released slowly into your system along with L-theanine, giving you a steady supply of energy so your body’s natural detox system can function at its highest levels.
Other Benefits of Matcha:
- Protection against free radicals. You’ve heard about the antioxidant power of green tea, right? Well, matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea! And 20 times more than a serving of blueberries. Antioxidants are key to disease prevention and are one of the best ways to boost your health.
- Cancer prevention. Catechins, which are potent cancer-fighters counteracting the effect of pollutants, chemicals, UV rays, and radiation, are a unique set of antioxidants found only in matcha. According to the National Cancer Institute, green tea is one of the most powerful cancer-fighters.
- Calm alertness. Matcha tea is rich in the amino acid L-Theanine, which is what left those Zen monks (and me) feeling calm, yet alert and focused. While it is a component of all green and black teas, matcha contains roughly five times the amount of L-theanine. Linked to increased concentration, learning ability and even physical endurance, L-Theanine gives you a boost without the caffeine jitters. (6) As someone who absolutely cannot handle the caffeine in coffee, matcha is my go to pick-me-up. If your clients or patients struggle with caffeine jitters, a cup of matcha might be a better choice.
- Anti-aging properties. A common drink in Okinawa, Japan, one of the few Blue Zones, where people live the longest, healthiest lives, matcha is said to reduce inflammation and oxidation, contributing to anti-aging.
- Fat-burning properties. One study found that matcha tea increased thermogenesis, the body’s rate of burning calories, by about 4 times the normal rate. Another study showed that drinking matcha before exercise resulting in 25% more fat burning.
- Improving heart health. Green tea has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol, and lower incidence of heart disease and stroke in regular drinkers. (9) A recent Chinese study found that hypertension risk is lowered by up to 65 percent in regular green tea drinkers. Imagine the potential improvements to heart health in drinkers of the much more concentrated form of green tea that matcha is!
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #2 – Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)
Don’t confuse this plant for a weed like most people do. It’s a part of the artichoke family, a superfood known for its incredible support of the liver – your body’s central detoxifier.
In Germany, Milk Thistle is still prescribed today by doctors to treat alcoholic cirrhosis, hepatitis, jaundice, and any inflammation or poisoning of the liver.
Supports: Liver, Digestive Organs, and Lungs
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #3 – Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus)
Used for more than 2,000 years to stimulate appetite, support bile secretion, support liver health, this superfood is known for its support of your digestive system.
Blessed thistle (Cnicus benedictus), not to be confused with milk thistle (Silybum marianum), was once used to treat the bubonic plague.
It’s still used today for natural digestive comfort and can even be applied to the skin to support wound healing.
Supports: Liver, Colon and Digestive System
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #4 – Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
Licorice root is used to soothe gastrointestinal problems. In cases of food poisoning, stomach ulcers, and heartburn, licorice root extract can speed the repair of stomach lining and restore balance. This is due to the anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties of glycyrrhizic acid.
Licorice is recommended to treat respiratory problems. Taking licorice as an oral supplement can help the body produce healthy mucus. Increasing phlegm production may seem counterintuitive to a healthy bronchial system. However, the opposite is true. The production of clean, healthy phlegm keeps the respiratory system functioning without old, sticky mucus clogging it.
Supports: Digestive System, Colon, Lungs
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #5 – Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale)
You may be most familiar with dandelion as a stubborn weed that never seems to leave your lawn or garden. However, in traditional herbal medicine practices, dandelion are revered for their wide array of medicinal properties. For centuries, they’ve been used to treat a myriad of physical ailments, including cancer, acne, liver disease and digestive disorders.
From root to flower, dandelion are highly nutritious plants, loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. Dandelion greens can be eaten cooked or raw and serve as an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K. They also contain vitamin E, folate and small amounts of other B vitamins. What’s more, dandelion greens provide a substantial amount of several minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
The root of the dandelion is rich in the carbohydrate inulin, which is a type of soluble fiber found in plants that supports the growth and maintenance of a healthy bacterial flora in your intestinal tract.
Dandelion are a rich source of beta-carotene and polyphenolic compounds, both of which are known to have strong antioxidant capabilities that can prevent aging and certain diseases.
Animal studies have shown that dandelion protect liver tissue from toxic substances and oxidative stress.
Some research indicates that dandelion may have antimicrobial and antiviral properties, which could support your body’s ability to fight infection.
Several test-tube studies found that dandelion extract significantly reduced the ability of viruses to replicate.
Supports: Colon, Liver, Digestive System
DETOX SUPPORT NUTRIENT #6 – Marshmallow Leaves (Althaea officinalis)
Used by the ancient Greeks to remedy bruises and bleeding, and as a mild laxative. Europeans in medieval times used it for indigestion and diarrhea. And today it’s still prescribed by doctors as a way to naturally soothe and support the intestines.
Marshmallow leaves also have mild anti-infective and immune-supporting properties. That makes it perfect for gastroenteritis, peptic and duodenal ulcers, colitis, and enteritis.
Supports: Colon, Digestive System
Introducing: Organixx’s NEW Organic Daily Detox
Organic Daily Detox was designed specifically to boost your levels of these nutrients and feed your natural detox machine exactly what it needs to properly detox over the long run.
Better ability to fight illness…
And of course, a robust immune system you can depend on.
Because Organixx is dedicated to the highest quality natural ingredients, a crystalized formula just made more sense.
But there are other benefits as well. The first is potency. Most other detox “teas” just aren’t made with enough quality ingredients to make any real difference to your health.
They’re watered down versions and are too weak to really do anything for you.
The 2nd is freedom!
With a traditional tea bag, you’re forced to drink it as it is, with water.
You’re essential “bagged in” as I like to say and when your options are limited, you get bored quickly.
But our specially formulated detox mix is perfect to be stirred into any of your other favorite drinks.
It’s made to mix easily so it’s a perfect health boost in smoothies, juices or water. And because of the unique manufacturing process, any unneeded “filler” Liquids or compounds are extracted before it’s turned into a crystalized format.
It also makes Organic Daily Detox easier to drink. Simply take 1 or two scoops and drop it into hot or cold water. It mixes nearly instantly!
Subscribe to Empowering You Organically
Never miss an episode!