Sweet Beet Smoothie
- 1 small beet, roasted, cubed & frozen (about ⅓-½ cup, packed)
- 2 bananas, frozen
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk (or unsweetened vanilla nut milk for less fat)
- 3 Tablespoons cacao powder (depending on desired chocolate flavor)
- 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 dates, pitted (or your preferred sweetener or omit completely)
- Optional: 1-2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- !Optional toppings: Ceylon cinnamon, cacao nibs, unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut cream, chopped walnuts, cayenne pepper, hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel, cube, and roast beet(s) by tossing them with a little bit of olive oil. (See Heart Healthy Beet Hummus recipe for detailed instructions on how to roast beets.)
- Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until softened. Place cooled beets in the freezer overnight or until frozen. If you want to make the smoothie right away, simply use cooled beets and add a bit of ice to thicken up the smoothie.
- In your high-speed blender, add in all of the ingredients and blend up until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using Full fat coconut milk, pitted dates & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder.):
Calories: 384 |
Total Fat: 22 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 43 g |
Dietary Fiber: 8 g |
Protein: 14 g
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C, and other antioxidants and phytonutrients. Ripe bananas are easier to digest and have higher levels of antioxidants as they ripen.
Beets are packed with B-vitamins, manganese, and betaine, plus they also support emotional and nervous system health.
Cacao powder is high in many essential vitamins and minerals as well as fiber.
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help fortify immune function.
Dates are a healthy way to add sweetness to your recipes along with a variety of nutrients, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium.
Hemp seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and essential minerals. They are also a good source of phytosterols, which support immune function.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.