Honey Strawberry Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of favorite GF bread
- 4-6 organic strawberries, sliced (depending on size of bread)
- 1 avocado
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- Drizzle with honey or balsamic glaze
- Garnish with favorite seeds (pumpkin, sesame, hemp, sunflower, etc.)
- Add 1 scoop of Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder to avocado mash
- Add chopped tomatoes and/or garlic to avocado mash
- Substitute cilantro with fresh basil
- Top with fried egg
- Top with feta cheese
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in avocado, salt, cayenne, cilantro, and lemon juice, and mash to desired consistency.
- Toast bread. Top with avocado mixture, sliced strawberries, seeds, and drizzle with honey. Enjoy right away!
Serves 2. Per Serving:
Calories: 218 |
Total Fat: 13 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 23 g |
Dietary Fiber: 7 g |
Protein: 4 g
Avocados are high in fiber and contain more potassium than bananas! The fat in avocado helps your body absorb the vitamins and antioxidants from other plant foods.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cilantro helps cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Strawberries were first cultivated in ancient Rome and now rank as the world’s most popular berry fruit. Studies show that strawberries are beneficial for both brain and heart health. Tip: Look for organic or no-spray berries as strawberries consistently rank on the “Dirty Dozen” list of produce with the highest levels of pesticides.