Tangy & Fresh Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 15 oz soaked and cooked black beans
- 2 fresh corn cobs, kernelled (non-GMO)
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup raw sharp cheddar or jack cheese, shredded (grass-fed, raw)
- ¾ tablespoon fine Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon (about 2-4 tablespoons juice)
- ½ cup organic white vinegar
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear, drain, and transfer to a medium pot.
- Add 4 cups water and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil. (Tip: Add a scoop of plain Organixx Bone Broth Protein Powder for extra protein)
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until water is absorbed 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Chill 2 hours. (If you forget to chill quinoa, it's ok, it's just tastier when it's cool!)
- Combine all vegetables and cheese and mix well. Add to quinoa. Then add vinegar, salt, and lemon juice, adjusting to taste. Mix again.
- Let chill in fridge 1 hour before serving.
Serves 10. Per Serving (based on using cheddar cheese):
Calories: 314.9 | Total Fat: 11.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 44 g | Dietary Fiber: 8.5 g | Protein: 12.8 g