Spirulina Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut/almond/hemp/oat milk
- 3 soft dates, pitted
- ½ – 1 teaspoon spirulina powder (adjust according to taste as it has a strong flavor)
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon almond OR vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
Optional ingredients: 1-2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
Toppings: fruit, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, cacao nibs, granola, coconut cream, cinnamon, etc.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients together except for the chia seeds.
- Whisk in chia seeds and transfer pudding to a covered container and place in the refrigerator to set, anywhere from 3 hours to overnight.
- When pudding is set (firm), spoon into bowls and enjoy with your choice of desired toppings.
Serves about 2. Per serving (based on using coconut milk, vanilla extract, and Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 15g
Total Carbohydrate: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Ceylon Cinnamon is also known as Cinnamomum verum or true cinnamon. It has a lighter, sweeter flavor and more health benefits than the more common Cassia cinnamon found in most grocery stores.
Chia seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which make them a great choice for helping to prevent inflammatory diseases.
Coconut milk is a good source of minerals and healthy fats.
Dates are a healthy way to add sweetness to your recipes along with a variety of nutrients, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium.
Plant milk (aka non-dairy milk) is a plant beverage that has a similar color and consistency to cow’s milk and can replace dairy milk in recipes. Unsweetened plant milk usually has less sugar, fat, and calories than cow’s milk. Popular types of plant milk include coconut, soy, oat, hemp, and many types of nut milks. Non-dairy milk is ideal if you’re vegan, lactose-intolerant, allergic to milk, or looking to reduce your cholesterol intake.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Pure almond extract is made by combining almond oil extracted from bitter almonds (as opposed to common domesticated sweet almonds), combined with water and alcohol. The bitter almond oil gives almond extract its distinctive flavor and aroma.
Spirulina is a type of blue-green freshwater algae that’s rich in nutrients including chlorophyll, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Vanilla was once used in Europe as an aphrodisiac and in the production of certain medicines such as nerve stimulants.