Easy Fiber-Rich Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained (or dry soaked overnight & drained)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine drained chickpeas, olive oil, salt, paprika, cayenne, and collagens powder (if using) in a large bowl. Stir well to ensure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread chickpeas over a large baking sheet. Bake in the center of the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until chickpeas are golden and look dry on the outside, about 20-30 minutes (cooking time varies depending on oven and crispiness desired). Be mindful towards end of baking as chickpeas can burn easily. Remove from oven. Serve warm or cooled as a snack or added to salad.
Makes about 1 cup. Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using olive oil, cayenne pepper & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 426 |
Total Fat: 13 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 59 g |
Dietary Fiber: 14 g |
Protein: 23 g
Avocado oil supports heart and eye health and neutralizes free radicals that can contribute to heart disease and diabetes.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Chickpeas are a good plant-based source of protein and fiber. They are packed with nutrients including iron, vitamins B6 and K, magnesium, folate, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, choline, and selenium.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Did you know paprika is the 4th most popular spice in the world! It’s made from dried and ground peppers and the taste can range from sweet to very hot. Paprika is especially popular in Hungary where there’s even a paprika museum!