Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1⁄2 cup hemp butter* (preferred) OR almond butter OR cashew butter
- 1 medium cucumber, finely cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups spring or filtered water
- Place butternut squash pieces in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Prick slices with a fork and place in a single layer on the bottom with approximately 1⁄2 inch of water.
- Bake at 350o Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Take out of the oven and remove outer skin.
- Place in food processor with spices and remaining ingredients except onions and pecans. (If your mouth is sensitive the onions and pecans can be blended with the other ingredients).
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with onions, pecans, quality pink or sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Soup can be warmed in a small pot or served at room temperature. Enjoy!