Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 1 medium butternut squash with seeds and membrane removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups spring OR filtered water OR coconut milk for a creamier soup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Place butternut squash pieces in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Prick slices with a fork and place in a single layer on the bottom with approximately 1⁄2 inch of water.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Take out of the oven and remove outer skin.
- Place in food processor with spices and remaining ingredients except onions and pecans. (If your mouth is sensitive the onions and pecans can be blended with the other ingredients).
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with onions, pecans, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Soup can be warmed in a small pot or served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using coconut milk):
Calories: 284.8 | Total Fat: 21.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 24.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g | Protein: 3 g