Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 1 medium butternut squash with seeds and membrane removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups spring OR filtered water OR coconut milk for a creamier soup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Place butternut squash pieces in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Prick slices with a fork and place in a single layer on the bottom with approximately 1⁄2 inch of water.
- Bake at 350o Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Take out of the oven and remove outer skin.
- Place in food processor with spices and remaining ingredients except onions and pecans. (If your mouth is sensitive the onions and pecans can be blended with the other ingredients).
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with onions, pecans, quality pink or sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Soup can be warmed in a small pot or served at room temperature. Enjoy!
This hearty, homemade Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is perfect for chilly weather. Upgrade this delicious recipe by adding the natural power of Organixx Pure Bone Broth Protein; a simple, powerful tool designed to help naturally heal your gut and support your immune system.