Collagen-Rich Raspberry Zucchini Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 large date (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup preferred unsweetened milk (nut, oat, soy, coconut)
- 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- Ice for thicker consistency (optional)
- Garnish with Ceylon cinnamon and/or lemon zest
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. Add ice for thickness and more milk for thinning.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with optional toppings, and enjoy!
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using nut milk & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 36g
Total Carbohydrate: 46g
Dietary Fiber: 15g
Almond butter is a food paste made from raw or roasted almonds. Compared with peanut butter, it’s higher in calcium, potassium, manganese, and monounsaturated fat but lower in protein.
Dates are rich in heart-healthy potassium. Just one cup provides 27% of the recommended daily requirement.
Flax seed has powerful anticancer properties and helps protect against the damaging effects of mammograms, radiotherapy, and diagnostic tests.
Health experts today believe lemon can support a healthy metabolism and help maintain the immune system.
Oats are technically gluten-free because they aren’t a type of wheat, barley, or rye grain. However, if you have celiac or a significant gluten sensitivity, look for oats that are certified gluten-free to ensure no cross-contamination.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Raspberries – One cup of fresh raspberries is only 64 calories and offers 43% of the Daily Recommended Intake (DRI) of vitamin C. They’re also high in manganese and fiber and are good sources of several other vitamins and minerals.
Zucchini protects against cell mutations and oxidative stress and contains powerful anti-inflammatory compounds. It is also a good source of potassium and lutein, which is beneficial for eye health.