Heart-Healthy Raspberry SaladReading Time: 2 minutes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- 6 raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons raw, local honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- 6 ounces (about 6 cups) mixed baby greens (or preferred greens)
- 1 cup raspberries (or 6 oz minus those used in dressing)
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped (about ½ of a medium-sized cucumber)
- ¼ cup roasted or raw nuts/seeds (e.g., walnuts, pecans, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds)
- Combine dressing ingredients with a blender or immersion blender.
- Add greens to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.
- Add in cucumbers, raspberries, and nuts/seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using extra virgin olive oil, Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder, mixed baby greens & pumpkin seeds):
Calories: 344 | Total Fat: 29 g | Total Carbohydrate: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Protein: 5 g
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cucumbers help keep you hydrated, flush out toxins, and provide many health-boosting vitamins and minerals. Cucumbers also help protect the body against constipation and kidney stones and help control blood pressure.
Dijon mustard is the traditional mustard of France made from black and brown mustard seeds and white wine. It is both more intense and has a more complex flavor than typical yellow mustard.
There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world. It is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system.
Kale contains the omega-3 fatty acid ALA, which is a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. It’s also an excellent source of vitamins K, A, and C, as well as copper and manganese
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Pumpkin Seeds are loaded with zinc and magnesium which are both necessary for a strong immune system.
One cup of fresh raspberries is only 64 calories and offers 43% of the Daily Recommended Intake (DRI) of vitamin C. They’re also high in manganese and fiber and are good sources of several other vitamins and minerals.
Raspberry vinegar is made by adding raspberry juice to white wine vinegar. It adds a fresh, delicious flavor to salads and salad dressing.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Green leafy veggies such as spinach contain antioxidants and other compounds that help rid your body of harmful toxins and support healthy lungs.