Magnificent Mulled Pomegranate Juice
- 4 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10-12 cloves (whole cloves not ground)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ½ orange, sliced
- 1 drop of lemon or orange essential oil (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add the pomegranate juice, then the cinnamon, cloves, rosemary sprig, and orange slices. Bring to a simmer then turn off heat, cover, and let mixture sit and infuse for 30-60 minutes.
- Reheat just until hot if you wish to serve beverage hot. Strain off “chunky” bits by pouring through a strainer into a serving pitcher.
- Add one drop of lemon or orange essential oil and stir to combine.
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Calories: 170.2 |
Total Fat: 0.1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 42.7 g |
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g |
Protein: 1.7 g