2 Festive Pomegranate Drinks for the Holidays
#1. Magnificent Mulled Pomegranate Juice
- 4 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10-12 cloves (whole cloves not ground)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1 drop lemon or orange essential oil (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add the pomegranate juice, then the cinnamon, cloves, rosemary sprig, and orange slices. Bring to a simmer then turn off heat, cover, and let the mixture sit and infuse for 30-60 minutes.
- Reheat just until hot if you wish to serve beverage hot. Strain off “chunky” bits by pouring through a strainer into a serving pitcher.
- Add one drop of Organixx lemon or orange essential oil and stir to combine.
#2. Ginger Pomegranate Mocktail
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) cranberry juice (with no added sugar)
- 2 cups (500 ml) pomegranate juice (with no added sugar)
- 3 cups (750 ml) ginger beer
- Thin slices of fresh ginger root (peeled)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
- In a large 8-cup glass pitcher, add a tray of ice cubes, then add the two juices and the ginger beer and thinly sliced fresh ginger root. Stir together.
- Pour into glasses, squeeze in a little lime juice, and garnish with mint leaves and fresh pomegranate seeds.