Detoxifying Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple (about 1/2 a pineapple)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit or reduce for a mild salsa)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- Mix together all ingredients and place in refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
- Serve over grilled chicken or fish for an entrée or use it as a dip with veggies and/or chips. Enjoy!
Makes 2 cups. Serves 16. Per Serving (based on using Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 12.9 |
Total Fat: 0.1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 3.1 g |
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g |
Protein: 0.8 g
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism, and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cilantro helps cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world. It is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. According to the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, ginger strengthens the immune system by helping to break down toxins in the body’s organs, thereby cleansing the lymphatic system.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camucamu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagenyou’re taking.
Pineapples are rich in bromelain, a digestive enzyme that breaks down protein and reduces inflammation.
Red onions are a rich source of quercetin and anthocyanin, powerful antioxidants that protect the heart and lower inflammation and cancer risk.