Brain Healthy Matcha Latte
- 10-12 ounces (1 ¼ – 1 ½ cups) unsweetened vanilla milk (almond/coconut/oat)
- 1 teaspoon organic matcha green tea powder
- 1 Tablespoon MCT or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional; omit for vegan option)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon powdered Lakanto (or favorite sweetener)
- Optional topping: a scoop of full-fat coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for a good minute to add foam to your mixture.
- Pour into a saucepan and warm over medium heat until desired temperature is reached. Enjoy right away.
- For an extra boost of healthy fat, top with a dollop of coconut cream and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using unsweetened vanilla almond milk, MCT oil, Organixx collagens powder & Lakanto):
Calories: 89.3 | Total Fat: 8.8 g | Total Carbohydrate: 2.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g | Protein: 4.6 g
Ceylon cinnamon contains a compound called cinnamaldehyde that has been found to help ward off Alzheimer’s disease.
Coconut milk is powerfully antiviral and helps fight bacteria and fungus, the common cold, flu, Candida, and H. pylori. It is also loaded with folate, which is essential for healthy brain development in infants and is needed to make DNA and other genetic material.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea. It also contains more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates!
MCT oil stands for medium-chain triglycerides and is a type of fat usually made from coconut and palm kernel oil. (Tip: If you’re not used to taking MCT oil, start with only a tiny bit at first to avoid digestive upset.)
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens contains 5 types of collagen from four real food sources. It also has camu camu & acerola cherry (vitamin C), horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Unsweetened almond milk is made by grinding almonds, mixing with water, and filtering to create a “milk” that is much lower in calories and carbohydrates than cow’s milk. Read the labels carefully on sweetened varieties to determine added sugars.