4th of July Lemon Berry SlushyReading Time: < 1 minute
- 6-8 lemons, juiced (about 1 cup)
- ⅛ – ¼ cup powdered Lakanto (or dates, stevia, honey, monk fruit, banana, etc.)
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut cream
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 capsules of Organixx Immunity 3, opened (optional)
- Add lemon juice, sweetener of choice, coconut cream, Organixx Immunity 3 capsule contents (if using), and ice cubes to a blender container and blend until a slushy-like consistency is reached. (Add more ice or juice if needed.)
- Add a layer of blueberries to the bottom of each glass. Top with slushy mixture and add a layer of sliced strawberries on top. Enjoy immediately!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using powdered Lakanto):
Calories: 95.8 | Total Fat: 4.7 g | Total Carbohydrate: 20.7 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g | Protein: 1.3 g
Blueberries (especially wild) are among the foods highest in antioxidant power. They support healthy cellular function and triglyceride levels. Blueberries also contain a special kind of polyphenol called anthocyanin, which has incredible brain health benefits.
To make coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge for several hours. Open the can and scoop out the solid “cream” that has risen to the top.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
High in vitamin C, lemon contains potent antioxidants that support a healthy immune system and respiratory function.
Organixx Immunity 3 contains three powerhouse immune system support nutrients in one convenient daily formula: organic camu camu (vitamin C), organic elderberry & zinc. Immunity 3 is a natural immune support that aids your body’s defense against harmful viruses & bacteria, including the common cold, influenza, and sinusitis.
Strawberries were first cultivated in ancient Rome and now rank as the world’s most popular berry fruit. Studies show that strawberries are beneficial for both brain and heart health. Tip: Look for organic or no-spray berries as strawberries consistently rank on the “Dirty Dozen” list of produce with the highest levels of pesticides.