Keto Belgian Waffles
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 4 ½ Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 3 teaspoons psyllium husk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered Lakanto (or favorite sweetener)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (or 1 additional tsp psyllium husk)
- 4 pastured eggs
- ¼ – ½ cup favorite unsweetened nut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lakanto maple syrup (low-glycemic syrup), fresh fruit, coconut whipping cream, stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, chopped nuts, seeds
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, collagen powder, psyllium husk, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, milk, coconut oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet to dry and stir well. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop batter into heated waffle iron and press lid down to spread batter out. Cook until steam stops/slows down.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using unsweetened almond milk and Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 237.2 | Total Fat: 19 g | Total Carbohydrate: 11.7 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g | Protein: 10.6 g
Almond flour is a gluten-free flour made by grinding almonds after the skin has been removed. It’s softer and finer than almond meal which is made by grinding almonds with the skin left on.
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Coconut flour is a gluten-free soft flour made from the pulp left over after producing coconut milk. Coconut flour is very popular in low-carb and keto recipes as it’s lower in carbs than wheat flour.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
Psyllium husk helps relieve constipation and diarrhea, helps lower cholesterol, manages blood sugar, and supports cardiovascular health.
Raw pastured egg yolks are a good source of vital nutrients such as vitamins, A B6, B12, D, E, and K, as well as choline and zinc.
Vanilla was once used in Europe as an aphrodisiac and in the production of certain medicines such as nerve stimulants.