Hydrating Cantaloupe Smoothie
- ½ cantaloupe peeled, seeded & cubed (roughly 3 cups)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla nut milk
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 Tablespoon MCT or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root (optional)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the container of a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding more milk for thinner consistency or ice for thicker consistency.
- Pour into 1 or 2 glasses and enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using raw honey & coconut oil):
Calories: 148.2 |
Total Fat: 8.1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 20.4 g |
Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g |
Protein: 1.6 g
Also known as muskmelon, rockmelon, and sweet melon, cantaloupe is a hydrating summer fruit rich in vitamin C, zeaxanthin, and carotenoids. It’s beneficial for eye health, lung health, and supporting healthy blood pressure and a strong immune system.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomachache, diarrhea, and nausea.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.