Gluten-Free & Vegan Zucchini Bread OatmealReading Time: < 1 minute
- 1 cup grated packed zucchini
- 1 ½ cups almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts (hemp seeds)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- Add all ingredients except for the vanilla and cinnamon to a medium pot over med-high heat. Stir until well combined.
- Once mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and stir frequently while oatmeal cooks (approx 7-10 minutes depending on the oats). If mixture seems too thick, add a splash more milk.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with drizzle of sweetener and add a splash of milk if desired.
Serves 3. Per Serving (based on using almond milk & maple syrup):
Calories: 228.4 | Total Fat: 6.6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 33.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g | Protein: 8.3 g