Detoxifying Cilantro Lemon Dressing
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup + 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1-2 garlic clove(s), minced
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Blend up all of your ingredients until well combined using a blender or a food processor.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pour over salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Calories: 159 |
Total Fat: 17 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 2 g |
Dietary Fiber: 1 g |
Protein: 1 g
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism, and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Cilantro helps cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world. It is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.