Immune-Loving Carrot, Lemon, Ginger Juice
- 8 medium-sized carrots (6 inches long)
- 1 whole organic lemon, washed
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- If using a juicer: juice carrots, lemon, and ginger. Whisk in cayenne pepper and collagens powder.
- If using a high-speed blender: chop and blend the carrots, lemon, and ginger with a little bit of water in blender on high speed. Strain out the juice through a nut milk bag. Whisk in cayenne pepper and collagens powder.
- With either method, enjoy right away for maximum nutrient benefit or place juice immediately into the fridge in a sealed glass container and consume within 1-2 days.
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 2 g
Total Carbohydrate: 72 g
Dietary Fiber: 18 g
Protein: 15 g
While orange is the most common color, carrots also come in purple, white, and yellow. All the colors contain good-for-you nutrients including vitamins A, C, K and B6, manganese, calcium, potassium, and dietary fiber.
The high beta-carotene content of cayenne pepper has been found to increase immunity and help reduce symptoms in asthma.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder contains 5 types of collagen(types I, II, III, V and X) with added vitamin C, B6, zinc & silica for increased bioavailability.