Melatonin-Rich Bedtime Milk
- 6 ounces (¾ cup) unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 4 ounces (½ cup) tart cherry juice
- 2-3 teaspoons raw, local honey (or to taste)
- 2 capsules Organixx Turmeric 3D
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until well combined.
- If you’re using a high-speed blender, you can leave your blender running for a few minutes as this will heat up your drink OR you can heat up your blended milk in a saucepan over low heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy warm. Sweet dreams!
Serves 2. Per Serving:
Calories: 137.2 | Total Fat: 3.6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 26.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g | Protein: 1.1 g
Just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more.
Coconut milk is made from the flesh of mature coconuts and is naturally sweet and creamy. It contains lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anticancer properties and can help fortify immune function.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It also contains the antioxidant gingerol, which fights free radicals in the body that lead to psychological and physical stress.
Nutmeg has a warm sweet flavor and boasts a variety of impressive health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Animal studies show it may help boost mood, enhance blood sugar control, and reduce risk factors for heart disease.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Tart cherry juice comes from sour cherries such as the Montmorency cherry. Sour cherries aren’t eaten fresh like their sweet cousins but are harvested and turned into juice and other products. Tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants that are linked to a variety of health benefits, including anti-inflammation, heart health, pain relief, and muscle recovery.
Turmeric 3D from Organixx is the most advanced, bioavailable, and by far the most beneficial turmeric supplement available anywhere. In addition to turmeric, it contains vitamin D3 and ginger, both potent anti-inflammatories, along with KSM-66 Ashwagandha® and ParActin® for reduced joint pain and to help the body recover from stress.