Almond, Goji, Brazil Nut Cookie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon bitter apricot kernels (optional, but an excellent source of vitamin B17)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- ½ cup goji berries
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil, liquefied at low temperature
- 3 tablespoons raw honey OR coconut nectar OR Lakanto
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Add quality salt to taste, such as pink or sea salt
- Place all dry ingredients except goji berries in a food processor and blend into a coarse flour.
- Add goji berries and process into smaller pieces, about 15 seconds.
- Place mixture in a bowl, pour in coconut oil and sweetener, and mix with a wooden spoon or by hand.
- Form one inch balls by rolling dough in the palms of your hands (about a tablespoon), and place on a cookie sheet. Note: if the dough does not hold together add more coconut oil a little at a time and mix until it sticks together.
- Bake at 115 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours.
- Remove from cookie sheets and pack in airtight containers. (Can be stored for one week in a cool dry place.)
Makes 25 cookies: Per cookie (based on using raw honey):
Calories: 117.9 | Total Fat: 10.3 g | Total Carbohydrate: 3.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g | Protein: 2.7 g