Vegan Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Last modified: March 2, 2023
Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 1 cup instant oats (gluten-free for gluten-free cookies)
- ¾ cup organic flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 ½ Tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 capsules Organixx 7 Mushrooms, opened
- Stir water and flaxseed meal together and set aside to thicken.
- Whisk together instant oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and 7 Mushrooms capsule contents; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flax mixture, vanilla, and coconut oil. Add maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Stir in dry ingredients mixture, then fold in grated carrots.
- Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using ice cream scoop or spoon, drop balls of cookie dough onto baking sheet and flatten slightly. Leave two-inch space between cookies.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cool the cookies on a baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Serves 11 cookies. Per cookie (based on using gluten-free instant oats, gluten-free organic flour & maple syrup):
Calories: 134.1 |
Total Fat: 3.5 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 24.2 g |
Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g |
Protein: 1.8 g
How is this recipe gluten free?
Customer Service says
Hi Michelle, sorry if it was not clearly stated in this post. Please be assured that we have edited the post to clarify things.
This recipe lists organic flour as one of its ingredients, which contains gluten. However, Katrina opted to use a gluten-free flour for her to be able to taste the cookies. Please feel free to use your preferred flour.
Hope this helped and good luck in recreating this recipe!
ROBIN M GARNER says
These are not gluten free as the email says. :(
Customer Service says
Hello Robin, we apologize for the confusion! We'd love to clarify this for you.
The recipe did list organic flour, which is not gluten-free. But Katrina did use gluten-free flour in order for her to taste the cookies, and anyone who prefers to do the same may copy her. To add, we also updated the ingredients list to reflect the option of using gluten-free flour, as desired.
We hope this helped and let us know if you were able to recreate this for yourself!