Ultra-Hydrating Body Butter
- 1/2 cup jojoba oil (or any liquid oil such as apricot kernel or sweet almond oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax pastilles (vegan alternative: substitute 1/8 cup candelilla wax)
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 teaspoon calendula-infused oil or vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- Combine the solids (coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter) in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. As the bowl heats, the ingredients will start to melt. Stir occasionally as they melt to incorporate and make sure beeswax completely melts or it will feel grainy when it solidifies.
- When all ingredients are completely melted and mixed together, add oils and essential oils. Stir well to combine and pour into sterilized jars or tins. Cover with lid and store in a cool, dry place.