We recommend using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible!
Herb Encrusted Roasted Turkey Drumsticks
- 4 turkey legs
- TURKEY BRINE RECIPE
- 3 tablespoons of quality salt (We recommend pink or sea salt)
- 8 cups of filtered or spring water
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 4-5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 black cardamoms (optional)
- HERB GLAZE RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons of oil (for the onion paste)
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- HOW TO BRINE YOUR TURKEY:
- In a large bowl, combine your water and salt and stir until all of the salt has dissolved.
- Add in the bay leaves, crushed garlic cloves and black cardamoms (optional).
- Add in the turkey legs and let them brine in your fridge for 24 hours.
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO MAKING THE HERB GLAZE:
- Blitz half an onion with two tablespoons of oil until it becomes a paste in your food processor. (If you do not own a food processor, grate your onion.)
- Melt your butter while slowly adding in the the onion paste, 1/4 cup of oil, soy sauces, and herbs into a bowl and mix all the ingredients well. Use this to glaze the turkey later on! (Note: Your glaze may thicken as your recipe cools, but it will quickly melt back into the oil once it's brushed on the hot turkey drumsticks!)
- ROASTING THE TURKEY:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F (177C) Then, suspend your turkey using a roasting pan with a rack in it, making sure there is air flow between the container and the bottom of the turkey. (D.I.Y. TIP: If you don’t have a rack you can use, take tinfoil and roughly press it together to create a course, rough texture, then place the turkey legs on top.)
- Once the oven is preheated, place the turkey legs in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Glaze your turkey legs when they are done in the oven with the herb glaze every 15-20 minutes
- The turkey legs should take between 1 hour and 30 minutes but use a meat thermometer to be sure. The internal temperature should be 165F (74C). When you cut into the turkey, the juices should be clear and not bloody.
Gut health is highly recognized as one of the keys to protecting your overall health and wellbeing. Organixx Bone Broth protein contains essential elements that help ensure your gut stays protected!