Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes with basil
- 15 oz vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Himalayan or sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh or dried basil
- Heat oil in saucepan over low heat. Add in garlic and saute until lightly brown and fragrant (do not overcook).
- Add in crushed tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth, collagen powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in coconut milk and heat for a few minutes.
- Optional step: blend soup for a smoother texture. Serve hot with fresh or dried basil as a garnish.
Serves 3. Per Serving (based on using vegetable broth, Organixx collagens powder & basil):
Calories: 233.6 | Total Fat: 23.4 g | Total Carbohydrate: 3.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g | Protein: 4.2 g