Antioxidant-Rich Strawberry Sorbet
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 6-8 pitted Medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup filtered water
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon (omit zest for sweeter sorbet)
- 5 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger root
- Coconut cream from 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (refrigerate can for 24 hours to separate cream from the water. Save coconut water to use in smoothies.)
- Soak dates for about 10 minutes in filtered water to soften. Add the soaked dates along with the soaking water to a food processor.
- Add in the lemon juice & zest and as many of the optional ingredients as desired.
- Process until smooth (about 2 minutes), then add the frozen strawberries. Process again until smooth.
- Scoop mixture into an airtight container and freeze for about 2 hours or until set.
- Serve cold. Let sorbet sit for about 10 minutes before serving to soften. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using Organixx collagens powder as optional addition):
Calories: 114.5 |
Total Fat: 0 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 28.3 g |
Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g |
Protein: 2.2 g
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Dates are a healthy way to add sweetness to your recipes along with a variety of nutrients, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Lemon is high in vitamin C and contains potent antioxidants that support a healthy immune system and respiratory function.
Orange essential oil is made from orange peel and can be beneficial for those suffering from stomach issues such as excess gas and constipation.
Strawberries contain ellagic acid and a large number of polyphenols that rid the body of carcinogenic substances and inhibit the growth of cancer.