Roasted Grape Oatmeal
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- ¾ cup milk + ¾ cup filtered water
- ⅛ teaspoon pink Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Chopped pecans/walnuts, cinnamon, chopped apples, honey (or other sweetener), yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add milk, water, and salt to a medium-sized pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in oats, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While oatmeal is simmering, toss grapes with olive oil and salt in a bowl. Spread coated grapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve oatmeal topped with roasted grapes and other desired toppings. Enjoy!
Makes 2 bowls. Per serving:
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carbohydrate: 45g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Roasted Grapes are sweeter and juicier than raw. Use them as a topping for yogurt, ice cream, oatmeal, salads, etc.
When it comes to olive oil, “Extra Virgin” is the highest quality you can get. It comes from the first pressing of the olives with no chemicals used to extract the oil.
Steel-cut oats are one of the least processed types of oats available and are denser and chewier than rolled oats or instant oats. They also contain about double the amount of fiber of rolled oats.