Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Pasta
- 12 oz dried gluten-free penne pasta (or other small-sized pasta)
- 32 oz chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon olive/avocado oil
- ¼ cup plain or flavoured goat cheese (e.g., garlic & chive)**
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Optional: 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
**If using plain goat cheese, you can add in 1 minced garlic clove with the penne pasta and 2 teaspoons of minced rosemary with the goat cheese.
- Optional toppings: grilled chicken or preferred protein, pumpkin seeds, cooked veggies
- Add dried pasta, broth, pumpkin purée, water, and oil to a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Once your mixture is boiling, continue cooking over high heat for approximately 9-11 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Be sure to stir often so that the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in goat cheese, cayenne pepper, and collagens powder, if using. Stir together well until pasta is coated evenly, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with optional toppings, if desired, and enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving (based on using gluten-free penne pasta, vegetable broth, avocado oil & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Calories: 399 |
Total Fat: 8 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 70 g |
Dietary Fiber: 3 g |
Protein: 14 g
Cayenne peppers are a type of chili pepper that have a moderately hot, spicy flavor thanks to a compound called capsaicin. Capsaicin has shown effectiveness as a pain reliever when applied topically.
Goat cheese – Unlike cow’s milk cheese varieties that grow stronger and more pungent with age, cheeses made with goat’s milk get milder and sweeter as they mature.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder contains 5 types of collagen(types I, II, III, V and X) with added vitamin C, B6, zinc & silica for increased bioavailability
Pumpkin regulates blood pressure and helps prevent degenerative damage to the eyes. Its beta carotene reduces the risk of heart disease, asthma, and many cancers.