No-Bake Nutty Fudge Energy Bars
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sea salt (optional)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
- 2 oz (55 gm) 85% dark chocolate
- ¼ cup your choice chopped nuts
- Sea salt flakes
- Into the bowl of a food processor, combine dates and nuts, and process until reasonably well combined but still chunky.
- Add shredded coconut, chia seeds, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Process until mixture is chunky and starting to clump together. If mixture is too dry, add a couple tablespoons of warm water and process again.
- Add in goji berries and pulse just a few times until combined. Into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper, pressing mixture evenly towards the edges of the pan.
- Into a double boiler or glass bowl placed over pan with boiling water, melt the dark chocolate. Pour chocolate over the date/nut mixture, tilting the pan to enable the chocolate to cover surface. Top with your choice of chopped nuts and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Place into freezer for about 30-60 minutes to harden. To serve, cut into squares.
Serves 12. Per Serving (based on using walnuts as topping):
Calories: 183.7 |
Total Fat: 12.2 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 18.4 g |
Dietary Fiber: 4 g |
Protein: 3.5 g
Can you tell me how many grams of sugar each of the 12 bars contains or the total grams of sugar.
Customer Service says
Thanks for your question, Renate.
We apologize as we do not have that information as of the moment. We are coming up with a recipe app that will automatically calculate nutritional information very soon, so please look out for that in our future recipe posts. For the meantime, you may check out an online recipe calculator online for your question. We hope this helps and let us know if you need help in calculating for this recipe. We'd be happy to help!
Each of the 12 bars would have just over a tablespoon of dates (16 tablespoons in a cup). I bet a person could experiment with a little less date and some stevia concentrate, coconut butter, or other type of sweetener to taste. They look awesome!
Customer Service says
Hi Mary, we appreciate your feedback.
Yes, of course. If you decide to create the recipe to your liking, please let us know how it turns out for you. We'd love to know.
Thank you for being part of the Organixx community. Hope you have a great day!