No-Bake Nutty Fudge Energy Bars
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
- 2 oz (55 gm) 85% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup your choice chopped nuts
- Sea salt flakes
- Into the bowl of a food processor, combine dates and nuts, and process until reasonably well combined but still chunky.
- Add shredded coconut, chia seeds, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Process until mixture is chunky and starting to clump together. If mixture is too dry, add a couple tablespoons of warm water and process again.
- Add in goji berries and pulse just a few times until combined. Into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper, pressing mixture evenly towards the edges of the pan.
- Into a double boiler or glass bowl placed over pan with boiling water, melt the dark chocolate. Pour chocolate over the date/nut mixture, tilting the pan to enable the chocolate to cover surface. Top with your choice of chopped nuts and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Place into freezer for about 30-60 minutes to harden. To serve, cut into squares.