Nourishing Eye Cream with Essential Oils
- 4 tablespoons (55 gm) shea butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 gm) coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 gm) beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed oil
- 2 drops Organixx frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Organixx lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Organixx Magi-Complex essential oil blend
- Combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the essential oils (which should never be heated) in a small, sterilized wide-mouth glass jar and place lid on loosely.
- Place the covered glass jar containing the ingredients into a saucepan. Fill pan with water so water level comes only half way up the glass jar. Over medium heat, melt the contents of the jar. This should take about 5 or 6 minutes. The water needs to be gently simmering, not boiling, so lower temperature if needed.
- Being careful of the steam, occasionally stir the contents of the jar so that everything combines well. Once ingredients are fully melted, carefully remove jar from pan of water and let cool for 5-10 minutes (but not too long or it will become solid).
- While ingredients are still liquid, stir in the essential oils until well combined. Once mixture is cool, cover with lid and store in a cool, dry spot.