Alecia’s Low-Sugar, Super Nutritious Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or other low-sugar berries)
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen greens (spinach, kale, lettuce or combination)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ small organic lemon, peel left on (washed)
- 1-2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- Spices (½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- Healthy Fat (1 Tablespoon of either coconut oil or MCT oil, or ½ avocado)
- Stevia for a little bit of sweetness
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend up until smooth.
- If using frozen berries or greens, smoothie will be thicker. Add more water if needed to thin out. Add ice to thicken.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using spinach & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 14g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Blueberries (especially wild) are among the foods highest in antioxidant power. Eating blueberries has been associated with a number of health benefits, including protecting and preserving lung function.
Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and swiss chard support eye and heart health, are rich in folate and vitamin C, and offer a plethora of beneficial phytochemicals. They are also rich in chlorophyll, which helps prevent cancer, improve liver detoxification, speed up wound healing, improve digestion, and promote healthy skin.
Lemon is a potent antioxidant and helps support a healthy immune system and respiratory function.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.