Liver-Cleansing Detox Smoothie
- 2 cups papaya (about ½ of a papaya)
- 1 Tablespoon papaya seeds
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- Juice from 1 lime or lemon
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons flax seed (or 1 tablespoon flax seed meal)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh broccoli
- 1 scoop Organixx Daily Detox (optional)
- 1 ½ cups filtered water or more to make desired consistency (or use unsweetened milk/coconut water for sweeter smoothie)
- Add all ingredients to blender container and blend on high until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using juice from 1 lemon, flax seed & filtered water):
Calories: 312.8 |
Total Fat: 18.7 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 40.1 g |
Dietary Fiber: 12.4 g |
Protein: 6.9 g
Belonging to a group of veggies known as cruciferous vegetables, broccoli is a true miracle food, believed to support immunity and bone health, maintain cholesterol levels that are already within a healthy range, and cleanse the body.
Flaxseeds are an excellent plant source of both soluble and insoluble fiber that helps soothe the digestive tract and remove waste excreted by the liver from the body.
According to the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, ginger strengthens the immune system by helping to break down toxins in the body’s organs.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
Far too many people miss out on the advantages of consuming papaya. Not only is it one of the best sources of digestive enzymes, but it’s also rich in antioxidants, high in fiber, and has natural laxative abilities.