Hydrating Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie
- 2 ½ cups of watermelon chunks, frozen
- 1 cup unpeeled cucumber chunks (about ½ medium cucumber)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1-2 drops Organixx Peppermint Essential Oil or 4 sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Handful of organic spinach (optional)
- Freeze watermelon chunks the night before.
- Add all ingredients to a blender container and blend until smooth. Enjoy right away.
Coconut water is the clear liquid from inside coconuts. It provides vital trace minerals and natural electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and manganese.
Cucumbers belong to the same botanical family as melons. They add a powerful punch of hydration and flush out disease-promoting toxins.
Limes are best known as a good source of of vitamin C but also contain other important vitamins and minerals including magnesium, potassium, folate, and vitamins A, E, and K.
Peppermint has been used for centuries as both a medicinal herb and flavorful culinary addition. It’s excellent for colds, flu, stomach upset, nausea, headaches, hot flashes, and as a mood booster.
Spinach is loaded with chlorophyll, which improves liver detoxification and digestion.
Watermelon – Lycopene is an antioxidant in the carotenoid family that’s beneficial for cardiovascular health. Red-fleshed watermelon is one of the most concentrated sources of lycopene – even better than tomatoes!