- 4 cups (1 quart) vegetable stock
- Large knob of ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1 leek, finely chopped (reserve tough green part for another use)
- 1 large piece of lemongrass, finely sliced
- 10 shiitake mushrooms (fresh or dried)
- 1 scoop Organixx collagen powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons organic tamari
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful basil, chopped, about ¼ cup loosely packed
- In large saucepan over medium heat bring stock to a boil, then add grated ginger, leek, and lemongrass. If using dried shiitake mushrooms, add them now. Turn down heat and let mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add collagen powder, tamari, honey, and lemon juice; simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Adjust seasonings. If using fresh shiitake mushrooms, add them now, along with tomatoes and basil.
- Return soup to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. If using dried mushrooms, remove mushrooms from soup, slice up the tender parts and return them to soup, and discard the tough stalks. Serve hot.
What do wrinkles, creases, and stiff, painful joints have in common? They’re all signs indicating that your body’s collagen levels may be critically low and in need of urgent replenishing!