Heart-Healthy Lemon Dressing
- ⅔ cup olive oil, preferably cold-pressed & organic
- ⅓ cup organic apple cider vinegar, unfiltered with the mother
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon (about 2 TBSP juice; 1 TBSP zest)
- 3-4 drops Organixx Orange Essential Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients together well.
- Serve over your favorite salad and enjoy!
Serves 8. Per Serving:
Calories: 162 | Total Fat: 18 g | Total Carbohydrate: 0.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g | Protein: 0.1 g
Tip: Make the dressing a day before using to allow flavors to meld. Store any leftovers in a closed container in the fridge for up to one week.
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardio-protective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism, and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Garlic is considered both a vegetable and an herb and is clinically proven to support the immune system. There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown around the world!
Lemon is high in vitamin C and contains potent antioxidants that support a healthy immune system and respiratory function.
Maple syrup contains a number of minerals including manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It also contains amino acids, antioxidants, and even some anti-inflammatory compounds.
Olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.