Heart-Healthy Asian Salad Dressing
- ½ cup olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup rice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil OR toasted sesame seeds OR tahini
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut amino acids OR liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (omit for vegan option)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend up until fully combined.
- For a dip, add in 1-2 tablespoons of additional almond butter for a thicker consistency.
- Enjoy over your favorite salad or with crudites!
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil & liquid aminos):
Calories: 189.5 | Total Fat: 19.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 42.7 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g | Protein: 0.8 g
Don’t have almond butter on hand but have almonds? Make your own almond butter in a food processor or high-speed blender. You need around 2 cups + 2 TBSP of almonds to make 1 cup of almond butter.
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It also contains the antioxidant gingerol, which fights free radicals in the body that lead to psychological and physical stress.
Liquid aminos/coconut aminos – Liquid aminos are made from soybeans, while coconut aminos are made from coconut. They are most often used as healthier alternatives to soy or tamari sauce as they are MSG-free as well as gluten-free.
Pure olive oil is high in nutrients including vitamins D, E, K, and A as well as omega-3 fatty acids. For the highest quality, look for organic extra virgin olive oil in dark glass bottles or tins that have an expiry date.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.
Raw honey is a good source of many vitamins and is rich in antioxidants. Its antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve overall immune function.
Sesame seeds help prevent diabetes, detoxify the body, and lower blood pressure. They are an excellent source of plant lignans, which are linked to a lower risk of heart disease and hormone-associated cancers.