Grapefruit Oregano Immune-Fortifying Tonic
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled & white pith removed (can substitute with 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop of oregano essential oil
- ½ cup sparkling water/filtered water
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- To a high-speed blender, add in peeled grapefruit, essential oil, water, and cayenne pepper and blend up well.
- Drink up and fortify your immune system! (Tip: Oregano is a “hot” essential oil, so use very carefully. Also, if you do not remove the white outer layer of the grapefruit, this drink will be very bitter.)
Serves 1. Per Serving (based on using pink grapefruit):
Calories: 106.2 |
Total Fat: 0.4 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 26.8 g |
Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g |
Protein: 2 g
The high beta-carotene content of cayenne pepper has been found to increase immunity and help reduce symptoms in asthma.
Grapefruit has many reported health benefits including helping to prevent cardiovascular disease and certain kinds of cancer, managing diabetes, and improving digestion and sleep. However, there are numerous drugs that should NOT be taken with grapefuit or grapefruit juice. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you’re on any prescribed medications.
Oregano is actually a member of the mint family and is naturally anti-microbial and anti-fungal. Oregano and Oregano Essential Oil is known for helping to promote a healthy immune system and providing allergy support.