Red, White & Blue Fruit Appetizer
- 1 overflowing cup of fresh blueberries (64 large blueberries)
- 1 ⅓ cup fresh raspberries (about 6 oz or 64 raspberries)
- 16 thin wooden skewers (about 6″-8″ long)
Lemon Yogurt Dip:
- 1 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ or less teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 scoops Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- Place all of the yogurt dip ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and whisk together well. Store dip in a covered container in the refrigerator while you assemble the skewers.
- Alternate washed berries on skewers (4 each of raspberries and blueberries).
- Serve skewers with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Makes about 16 skewers. Per skewer (based on using maple syrup & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Blueberries contain a special kind of polyphenol called anthocyanin, which has incredible brain health benefits.
Enzymes in fresh lemon juice accelerate the digestive process. Even though lemon juice is acidic, it actually has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Lemon zest contains a compound known as D-Limonene which is believed to help burn fat, reduce inflammation, and kill disease-causing germs. Be sure to use only organic lemons to minimize pesticide exposure.
Maple syrup contains a number of minerals including manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It also contains amino acids, antioxidants, and even some anti-inflammatory compounds.
Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder contains 5 types of collagen (types I, II, III, V and X) with added vitamin C, B6, zinc & silica for increased bioavailability.
Raspberries – One cup of fresh raspberries is only 64 calories and offers 43% of the Daily Recommended Intake (DRI) of vitamin C. They’re also high in manganese and fiber and are good sources of several other vitamins and minerals.