Frozen Vanilla Delight
- 1 cup organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1-⅓ cups finely ground almonds
- 10 pitted dates
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- ½ cup whole almonds, lightly toasted in dry frying pan
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Into blender container or food processor place all ingredients except whole almonds. Blend until smooth.
- Coarsely chop toasted whole almonds, then stir into the mixture.
- In a shallow metal tray lined with parchment paper (to help with easy removal), pour in mixture and freeze.
- Prior to serving, lift out of tray and break the mass up into pieces.
- Place in blender container or food processor and process just until it reaches creamy consistency.
- Immediately scoop into serving dishes and enjoy with fresh fruit.
Serves 3. Per Serving:
Calories: 573.3 | Total Fat: 37.6 g | Total Carbohydrate: 42.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.6 g | Protein: 17.1 g