- 3 ripe avocados
- ⅓ – ½ cup minced red onion (about ½ small onion)
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan/sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir together.
- Use as a dip for veggies, chips, or crackers, and enjoy!
Serves about 6. Per serving (based on using 3 ripe avocados):
Total Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrate: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Avocados are high in fiber and contain more potassium than bananas! The fat in avocado helps your body absorb the vitamins and antioxidants from other plant foods.
Cilantro helps cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
Garlic is a member of the allium family (which also includes onion, scallion, shallot, leek, and chives) and is clinically shown to support the immune system.
Limes are best known as a good source of vitamin C but also contain other important vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, folate, and vitamins A, E, and K.
Matcha is a type of powdered green tea. It has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea. It also contains more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates!
Red onions are a rich source of quercetin and anthocyanin, powerful antioxidants that protect the heart and lower inflammation and cancer risk.