Empowering you Organically – Season 9 – Episode 71
Title: The Art of Loving Yourself Better
Hosts: Jonathan Hunsaker, TeriAnn Trevenen
Description: Is it selfish to consider your needs first? Listen in as Jonathan and TeriAnn explore selfishness as it relates to self-love. Also, TeriAnn shares the top 3 things that helped her find more trust and self-love for herself in the last year. You don’t want to miss this! Get ready to fall in love with, You!
* * *
This Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Supports a Healthy Heart, Boosts the Thyroid, and Promotes Brain Function
- 3 NATURAL INFLAMMATORY SUPPORT AGENTS:Our revolutionary formula combines Frankincense, Myrrh & organic fermented Turmeric into a powerhouse anti-inflammatory supplement.
- SOOTHE ACHING JOINTS: Each of these ancient treasures has been shown through studies to help alleviate joint pain, soothe aching joints and decrease inflammation.
- INCREASE MEMORY & ALERTNESS:Frankincense has been scientifically demonstrated to support a healthy heart, support normal thyroid function, and promote memory and brain function.
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS:We use only the purest and cleanest ingredients. Our Joint & Muscle Care contains all natural ingredients free from fillers, binders and excipients.
* * *
Two People That Impacted TeriAnn’s Journey to Self-Love
At a conference, a woman speaker asked the audience:
- “When I ask you who you love the very most, write the top three people.”
- “Raise your hand if the first person you wrote was yourself.”
- “What’s the safest place you know?”
- “Who wrote themselves?”
At a Mastermind, a speaker shared a personal choice about taking chances:
“We spend so much time trying to control other people’s experiences and allowing people to control ours. And one of the beautiful things about life is that we’re all in our own unique individual experience and that the only person that we can control is ourselves.”
A Challenge from Jonathan
- “As we’re talking about loving ourselves more, let go of the idea that you’re being selfish by loving yourself, because the second you feel “Oh, I’m selfish. I shouldn’t do this, I need to do this for my kids, I need to do this for my husband, I need to do this for my wife, blah-blah-blah,” it’s going to pull you away from focusing on you, and the number-one person you have to take care of is you. You can argue with me all you want. I guarantee, after it’s all said and done, that will be the answer is that the number one person is you.”
TeriAnn’s Top Three Tips for Loving Yourself Better
- Invest in myself before anyone else, unapologetically.
- There’s a difference between selfish to love ourselves and be the best version of ourselves to give more to others and being selfish with the intention to hurt people.
- It’s really important to get out of this mindset that you have to invest in everyone around you first, and then you’ll feel better.
- How can you take care of everyone around you and invest in everyone around you to the point that you deplete yourself and you can no longer give?
- I actually feel like my kids and I have a stronger relationship now that I invest in myself and we’re happier in our relationships than when I was just making everything in my life all about them and everyone around me.
- Changing our mindset about our past and our future and letting go of the past and not waiting for the future.
- We can only live for today. And one of the things to love ourselves better is to identify what makes us happy, what fills us up, what are our dreams, what are our passions, what are the things that are sticky and hard and frustrating in our lives.
- We have the power to change those right now, in this moment, by living for today and believing that other people can live and change for today. When we believe that about ourselves and we believe that about other people, it can dramatically shift our quality of life, the way we live, and it makes us realize that tomorrow is not promised, and the past is in the past, but I have right now, and that’s a gift.
- Put your body and your physical health at the top of your list when you’re investing in yourself.
- “Strong is the new skinny.”
Two Tips for Being Present
- I put reminders everywhere in my life.
- I have some of the most amazing friends in the world and I talk to them daily, and I talk to them daily because they remind me to live in the present, always.
- I also put sticky notes all over for a short period of time in my life until I had changed my thinking. The sticky notes said, “Be present.”
- Those people who may have hurt me or we have had a falling out, or we’ve had hard relationships, to write a letter to them and burn it and never send it. Write it, read it out loud, burn it, and leave it in the past, and believe in what can happen now moving forward.
* * *
Subscribe to Empowering You Organically
Never miss an episode!