Dark Chocolate Almond Mousse
- 1 can coconut cream (or 1 ¾ cup of coconut cream from chilled cans of full-fat coconut milk)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup 70%+ dark chocolate (recipe video uses ½ of a Lily’s Salted Almond Dark Chocolate bar)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons almond butter (only if using plain dark chocolate)
- 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (omit for vegan option)
- Prepare recipe at least 2-3 hours before serving. Can also be prepared the day before.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut cream, maple syrup, cacao powder, and collagen powder. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a double boiler or glass bowl over simmering water, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together, stirring occasionally. When both are melted, remove from heat. Add to coconut cream mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into two serving bowls or cups. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or more until thoroughly chilled.
- If using plain dark chocolate, melt almond butter and drizzle on top of mousse before serving. (Can omit this step if using almond chocolate.) Enjoy!
Serves 2. Per Serving (based on using coconut cream & Organixx collagens powder):
Calories: 1,106 | Total Fat: 95.2 g | Total Carbohydrate: 52 g | Dietary Fiber: 12.2 g | Protein: 17.5 g