Healthy & Quick Cranberry Cinnamon Sauce
- 1 pound (453 grams) fresh organic cranberries, washed (a little more than 4 cups)
- ½ cup organic pomegranate or orange juice
- ¼ – ½ cup maple syrup or raw, local honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-inch of ginger root, minced (optional)
- One drop of Magi-Complexx essential oil (optional)
- Into a large saucepan over med-high heat, place the juice, sweetener, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and ginger root. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You will hear the cranberries pop as they heat up and your sauce will thicken up nicely.
- Remove from heat and let cool until warm. Add in drop of Magi-Complexx essential oil, if using. Stir really well. Give it a taste and add more sweetener if need be.
- Cranberry sauce stores well in a covered container in the fridge for a week or more, so feel free to make in advance. Place into a festive serving dish to serve.
Serves 8. Per Serving (based on using pomegranate juice & maple syrup):
Calories: 58.6 |
Total Fat: 0.1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 15.2 g |
Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g |
Protein: 0.3 g