Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw
- ¼ cup cashew butter/tahini + ¼ cup olive oil OR ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar/honey or preferred sweetener
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: 2 scoops of Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1 small or ½ of a large cabbage)
- ¼ -½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ¼ – ½ cup dried cranberries
- Optional: Love bacon? Add in 6 strips of crisp-cooked and crumbled bacon (or vegan alternative) to your salad!
- In a food processor, blend nut butter, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, garlic, and cranberries. Begin by pulsing a few times, then let processor run until well incorporated, scraping down sides as needed.
- In a large bowl, add cabbage, onion, and carrot. Add in dressing and toss together to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, add in pecans, cranberries, and bacon (if using). Enjoy!
Serves 6. Per Serving (based on using cashew butter, olive oil, coconut sugar & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder.):
Calories: 274 |
Total Fat: 19 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 21 g |
Dietary Fiber: 3 g |
Protein: 6 g
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins K, C, and B6. It’s also a good source of fiber, manganese, potassium, vitamin B1, folate, and copper.
Carrots were originally medicine, not food. They’ve been used in potions and remedies for the stomach, bladder, jaundice, the easing of menstruation, and cancer.
You can easily make your own cashew butter at home by blending roasted cashews in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
Cayenne pepper is a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants that support the immune system. The key compound in cayenne called capsaicin is also cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, helps prevent kidney stones and speed up metabolism and has beneficial effects on the GI system.
Coconut sugar is a natural sugar made from coconut palm sap. It’s the color and consistency of raw sugar but is considered somewhat healthier than table sugar as it has a lower glycemic index and contains some minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
Unlike fresh cranberries, dried cranberries have very few health benefits. For the healthiest option, look for organic dried cranberries that have been sweetened with apple juice, versus less healthy forms of added sugar.
Don’t love the smell of garlic on your hands after peeling or chopping? Try rinsing them under cold water while rubbing a stainless steel object (e.g. the sink or a spoon).
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, several B vitamins, and zinc. One ounce of pecans provides 10% of the recommended Daily Value for fiber.
Red onions are a rich source of quercetin and anthocyanin, powerful antioxidants that protect the heart and lower inflammation and cancer risk.