Date-Sweetened Cinnamon Orange Coffee
- 1 cup brewed regular or decaf coffee (2 TBSP coarse coffee grounds + 1 cup filtered water)
- 2 dates, pitted & soaked for a few minutes, if needed, to soften
- ½ cup nut milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or coconut cream)
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
Optional: 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- Blend together milk, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, and collagens powder until smooth. If using a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix, it will automatically warm your milk by leaving the blender running. Or place blended milk into pot and warm over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until milk is heated (being careful not to burn).
- Add orange zest to coffee grounds and brew as normal.
- Add heated milk to brewed coffee, pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using 1 tsp. coconut oil & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 11 g
Total Carbohydrate: 37 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 9 g
Ceylon Cinnamon is also known as Cinnamomum verum or true cinnamon. It has a lighter, sweeter flavor and more health benefits than the more common Cassia cinnamon found in most grocery stores.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Dates are a healthy way to add sweetness to your recipes along with a variety of nutrients, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium.
Nut milks are a form of non-dairy milk made from nuts soaked in water and blended into a creamy beverage. Some popular nut milks on the market include almond, macadamia, cashew, walnut, pistachio, and hazelnut.
Be sure to use orange zest from organic oranges to avoid pesticide exposure.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.