Back-to-School Cinnamon Carrot Pasta
12 ounces gluten-free pasta
3 medium-sized carrots
4 Tablespoons butter/ghee/vegan butter
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan/sea salt
½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon (or more to taste)
Add cooked protein (e.g., shrimp, chicken, turkey)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, pulse carrots (peeled or well scrubbed) in a food processor until finely chopped up.
- Add butter, lemon juice, and cinnamon to pot over low heat. Stir ingredients together until butter is melted.
- Add in chopped carrots and cooked pasta and toss together to coat. If pasta is too sticky, add in pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Add protein, if desired, serve and enjoy!
Serves 4. Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12g
Total Carbohydrate: 75g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Carrots are one of the richest natural sources of vitamin A and beta-carotene, an essential nutrient for eye health, immune function, and much more.
Just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and more.
High in vitamin C, lemon contains potent antioxidants that support a healthy immune system and respiratory function.