Gluten-Free Cinnamon Carrot MuffinsReading Time: < 1 minute
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrot
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs (or flax seed/chia seed eggs for vegan option)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted & cooled coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Organixx collagens powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- ½ cup chopped pecans/walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded apple
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and collagens powder (if using).
- Add in shredded carrots and coconut and mix together well (and any other fruit additions).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. (If using nuts, add in now.) Divide batter into greased or lined muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 15-20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of muffins.
- Cool and enjoy! Store in air-tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Serves 12. Per Serving (based on using eggs and Organixx collagens powder):
Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 11.1 g | Total Carbohydrate: 26.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g | Protein: 2.9 g
Apples cleanse the colon of bacteria, viruses, yeast, and mold. They also support the liver, digestive tract function, and brain health.
Carrots were originally medicine, not food.They’ve been used in potions and remedies for the stomach, bladder, jaundice, the easing of menstruation, and cancer.
Cinnamon comes from the bark of trees in the Cinnamomum family and has been used as both a medicine and a spice. Research suggests that daily use can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity, and heart health.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate.It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Collagen helps maintain the structure and integrity of skin, hair, nails, muscle tissue, bones, tendons, and more. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens includes targeted nutrients such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 which enhance the bioavailability and potency of collagen.
Ginger is a potent aromatic herb and a good natural source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat stomach ache, diarrhea, and nausea.
Maple syrup contains a number of minerals including manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It also contains amino acids, antioxidants, and even some anti-inflammatory compounds.
Walnuts are a good plant source of omega-3 fatty acids. Eating foods containing omega-3s can help cleanse your lungs and keep your pulmonary system working effectively.