Healthy Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 1 cup almond butter or peanut/seed butter
- 2 Tablespoons powdered Lakanto (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt (optional)
- 8 oz dark/milk chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 scoop of chocolate bone broth protein or Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder (optional)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In either a bowl or food processor, mix together the almond butter, Lakanto, vanilla extract, and salt. Fold in cacao nibs and/or coconut (if using) and set aside.
- In a double-boiler, melt together your chocolate bar, oil, and bone broth powder. Stir until smooth.
- Using either a paper-lined muffin tin or silicone muffin mold, add about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each cup. Swirl around to coat edges using your finger or a knife. Place chocolate into the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes. Scoop out a little less than 1 tablespoon of almond butter mixture into each cup and flatten out. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Place pan back in the fridge for 1-2 hours until cups harden completely. Remove and enjoy! Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 20 small cups. Per cup (based on using almond butter, powdered Lakanto, dark chocolate & coconut oil):
Calories: 152.3 |
Total Fat: 13.1 g |
Total Carbohydrate: 8.3 g |
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g |
Protein: 2.8 g
Don’t have almond butter on hand but have almonds? Make your own almond butter in a food processor or high-speed blender. You need around 2 cups + 2 TBSP of almonds to make 1 cup of almond butter.
Cacao nibs are small crunchy bits of crushed cacao beans that have a bitter, nutty, chocolatey flavor. Look for unroasted (raw) nibs which are packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
Coconut oil provides a boost of healthy fat that can energize and satiate. It is a strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial food.
Good quality dark chocolate is high in antioxidants, rich in fiber, and contains minerals such as iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
Lakanto is a zero-glycemic, zero-calorie blend of monk fruit and erythritol that makes an excellent sugar substitute for low-carb recipes.
Each scoop of Organixx Organic Bone Broth Protein powder contains 20g of gut-friendly protein and is loaded with collagen powder, glucosamine, and chondroitin to help increase joint mobility.
Unsweetened shredded coconut is a healthier choice than sweetened. It often contains fewer preservatives and usually isn’t treated with sulfites to keep it white.