Fiber-Rich Chia Flax Hot Cereal
- 1 ¼ cup preferred nut/oat/hemp milk
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or sea salt (optional)
Optional: 1 scoop Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder
- Additional milk
- Shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk continuously until cereal thickens to your desired consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat, scoop cereal into a bowl and add your desired toppings. Enjoy!
Serves about 1. Per serving (based on using nut milk & Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens powder):
Total Fat: 41g
Total Carbohydrate: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 15g
Chia seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which make them a great choice for helping to prevent inflammatory diseases.
Coconut contains lauric acid, which is immune-boosting, antiviral, and antibacterial. Coconut is also loaded with minerals like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and iodine.
Flax seed has powerful anticancer properties and helps protect against the damaging effects of mammograms, radiotherapy, and diagnostic tests. Tip: Use only freshly ground flaxseed as it goes rancid quickly.
Nut milks are a form of non-dairy milk made from nuts soaked in water and blended into a creamy beverage. Some popular nut milks on the market include almond, macadamia, cashew, walnut, pistachio, and hazelnut. Other non-dairy milks you can use in your recipes include soy milk, lite coconut milk, and oat milk.
With the Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens in this recipe, you not only get 5 different types of collagen, but also camu camu, acerola cherry, horsetail extract (silica), and zinc gluconate to ensure your body can actually USE the collagen you’re taking.